Thursday, June 25, 2009

Box from March 8

Sorry to be so long to post this picture, but I just don't like the picture part. Truth be told, I don't like the finish process either. They both take me way too long to accomplish.


I bought this piece of wood at the AAW Symposium in Louisville. Just recently decided that it had sat on the shelf more than long enough. Box is 3 1/2" wide x 4 3/4" tall. The design is supposed to be ginger jar inspired. Finish is Seal-A-Cell followed by several coats of Arm-R-Seal. Sanded between coats with 400 w/d using water as a lubricant. Turned and sanded very nicely. My only issue with the whole turning was that I got the bottom edge of the tenon too thin and it broke off. You can see the fix.

I'd love to hear what you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment